Captures In High Definition
The iDESIGN® System utilizes a high-definition Hartmann-Shack Wavefront sensor, capturing images of outstanding quality.
- 5x the resolution and 3x the dynamic range of the previous WaveScan WaveFront® System
- 25x more precise than traditional glasses or contacts measurements
- Measures up to 1,257 micro-refractions over a 7.0 mm pupil
- Captures more ocular aberrations unique to every patient’s eye*.
Deliver Excellent Patient Quality Of Vision
In a single clinical myopia study evaluating patient visual function six months after surgery with the iDESIGN® System and STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser patients reported significant improvements in all measures of quality of vision and visual function, without retreatment:**
- 99% stated they were not limited in active sports or outdoor activities1
- 99% experienced little to no difficulty with clarity of vision1
- 97% were satisfied with their vision1
- 93% stated they had little to no difficulty driving at night1
- A majority of study participants achieved 20/16 or better visual acuity2
Able to Treat a Broad Range Of Patients
The iDESIGN® System allows treatment of a wider spectrum of patients compared to the previous WaveScan WaveFront® System.
- Treats high levels of astigmatism, up to -5.0 diopters
- Captures a wide range of pupil sizes, from 4.0 to 9.5 mm
- Allows measurement and treatment planning for patients as young as 18 years old
- Measures and treats patients with myopia up to -11.0 diopters with up to 5 diopters of astigmatism
- Measure and treat mixed astigmatism +1.0 diopters to +5.0 diopters
- Measures and treats hyperopia with and without astigmatism as measured up to +4.00 D spherical equivalent, with up to 2.00 D cylinder.